Assistant Project Manager Winchester
Assistant Construction Project Manager jobs Winchester, Hampshire, South West. Please note we are not seeking I.T Candidates for this role. The role is for the Construction industry.
Our client is a leading Construction Project Management Consultancy in the South-West, with offices across the United Kingdom. They are seeking an Assistant Construction Project Manager with some experience as an Assistant Project Manager for their offices in Winchester Hampshire. This is a role for a Construction Consultancy, we are seeking candidates with a construction background.
This is a new role created as a result of a number of new project wins and a new office in the area. If you are a Graduate or Assistant Project Manager looking for a Career in Construction Project Management, this client is an excellent Construction consultancy to work for.
Our client can also provide mentoring and training for candidates wishing to undertake APC in the future for Chartered Status MRICS, MAPM or MCIOB in the future. This client has an excellent APC (Assessment of professional competence) pass rate and some interesting projects for you to work on in the region, from Leisure to Mixed-Use, Commercial, Education, Residential, Healthcare and Government Frameworks projects.
U.K Nationals or those with a current right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
Requirements – Assistant Construction Project Management Jobs
- Our client is seeking a candidate for this vacancy with some previous experience as a Graduate Construction Project Manager or an Assistant Project Manager with circa 1- 3 years in the Construction or Engineering industry.
- You will have some experience with a Construction Consultancy or Engineering consultancy as an Assistant or Graduate Project Manager. Essentially you will have some idea of how construction projects are planned managed executed and completed.
- In addition, it is essential that you have a BSc in a Construction related subject or working towards a Degree Qualification in a construction-related subject such as Construction Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or Construction management.
- Our client will consider candidates with other degree qualifications, as long as you can show experience in the Construction industry as an Assistant or Graduate Project Manager.
- Candidates located in the Winchester, Hampshire area would be ideal, our client will also consider candidates from elsewhere in the United Kingdom if you wish to relocate.
- In addition, experience as an Assistant Project Manager on the construction of Mixed-Use, Commercial, Residential or Education projects, would be a bonus. Please detail your projects in your CV if you can, information on type of project and value would be desirable.
- Strong reporting and communication skills as well as a drive to progress to Project Management level.
- Some experience of software used for managing construction projects such as MS Project or Asta Power Project.
Role of the Assistant Construction Project Manager
- Provide project management support and carry out administrative duties as defined by the Construction Project Manager and other project leads.
- Assist with the management of Project programmes, for the timely delivery of projects and services as well as preparation, monitoring, and reporting of project construction costs and budgets.
- Working alongside the Senior Project Manager you will assist in the process of Change Control, adopt or reject, track decisions and update the Change Control Register
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the project team, including the identification, evaluation, communication, avoidance and recording of project Risks and Opportunities
- Define Quality standards, prepare quality plans, and develop and instigate procedures to achieve set standards, delivering or improving upon the required quality
- Experienced in Client Relationship Management – Liaise at an appropriate level with clients, stakeholders, and external parties (including the public)
- Skilled in People Management – assist with the management of project teams and stakeholders to achieve project goals. Implement communication strategies.
- Familiar with Information Management – implement systems to control project information, coordination, distribution/communication, and quality.
- Able to visit sites, attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors, and other professionals, and undertake site inspections and reviews. Prepare accurate records of such visits/meetings and associated actions, follow up actions as required to achieve desired results.
- Provide cover for Project Managers during periods of leave and absence.
- Undertake such other activities as may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Salary and Benefits for the APM Project Manager Job
Candidates should expect a basic salary of £22,000 – £28,000, our client is flexible for the right person
In addition to a great basic salary, they also offer a number of great additional benefits, such as:
- Structured APC Training for Chartered Status, MCIOB, MRICS or MAPM, also paid for by the company
- Ongoing training and development
- Pension, Laptop, Mobile Phone.
- In addition 33 days of holiday ( 25 plus 8 bank holidays) plus Birthday
- Life Cover
- Sports and Social
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Additional days off to assist with local community projects.
To apply for this Assistant Project Manager Winchester Job
To apply for this position as an Assistant Project manager, email your CV to email@example.com
Please type in the Subject Line APM Cornwall and Quote REF:APM/ WIN6-22
Please note, we can only consider UK Nationals or those with a current right to live and work in the United Kingdom. (Current work visa). Our client is not registered with the Government Scheme to employ NON-UK nationals and therefore cannot provide visas for NON-UK Nationals.
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting Construction professionals in the United Kingdom, Middle East and Asia
- For any questions on the roles on our website, please get in touch via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd also strictly adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will only go to named clients with your express permission.
We have a number of other roles for Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers and Civil Engineers in Cornwall. Visit our UK Jobs pages for information on all these roles.
Construction Recruitment Consultants -Can you recommend a candidate for this vacancy?
Stafford Lawrence Ltd offers an ethical candidate referral scheme. Do you know of a candidate who might be interested in this position? Please visit our candidate referral scheme for details on how to refer someone for this role. Stafford Lawrence Assistant Construction Project Manager candidate referral scheme
Contact us via our contact form if you have any questions on our roles, or email email@example.com.