Chartered Civil Engineer Vacancy KSA
Chartered Civil engineer jobs in the Middle East: We are seeking a Chartered Civil Structural Engineer for a full-time permanent position in Saudi Arabia to join a well known British multidisciplinary Construction Consultancy. Our client is a well-known topflight construction consultancy in the Middle East. This role is for a Site Based Chartered Civil/ Structural Engineer to oversee the contractors on behalf of the client. Strong Site experience is a requirement, as well as an understanding of Construction Schedules.
Chartered CEng ( Chartered Engineer) Status is a REQUIREMENT plus membership of a professional body such as MICE MIStructE. (Chartered Institute of Structural Engineers, Chartered Institute of Civil Engineers). Due to the nature of the projects, candidates must also have experience of British Codes and standards for Civil and Structural engineering.
Ideally, candidates will have Defence projects experience, for Airports /Air bases or Military bases buildings. If you are a Chartered professional with Defence projects experience seeking a position in the Middle East, we have a number of other roles for Chartered Electrical and Chartered Mechanical professionals with the same client.
Please visit our International vacancies careers and jobs page for more roles for Engineering candidates in the Middle East.
Job Description for the Civil Structural Engineer Jobs
You will have an understanding of the following:
- Civil and or Structural assessments of existing and New Buildings.
- Experience of Monitoring/ Overseeing/ Reviewing the contractor’s progress, This role will oversee the contractor on behalf of the client.
- In addition, experience of designing structures to British Standards and Codes and Building Regulation with a sound understanding of construction methods and processes
- Liaison with external civil engineers and other sub-consultants
- You will also, Complete technical studies prepare cost estimates and complete surveys and reports
- Identify technical solutions and undertake feasibility studies to identify optimum designs.
- In addition, Strong Project Management experience and the ability to organise your own time and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Represent the building consultancy to clients. Strong Client Liaison and work winning experience is essential.
- This role will report to the Principal Chartered Civil Engineer
Requirements for the Chartered Structural Engineer KSA
A requirement means : Needed or Wanted. ALL of the following requirements must be met for this role.
- Chartered Status is essential for this role, for example, MIStructE MICE or CEng.
- In addition, A Degree Qualification in a relevant Construction subject, such as Civil or Structural Engineering.
- The role is with a Consultancy, which means you will advise the client on behalf of the Consultancy and oversee the Contractors. You must have experience of this.
- A minimum of 8-12 years experience as a Civil/ Structural Engineer, with a consultancy organisation.
- Above all a Strong knowledge of Structural engineering principles, design/software packages
- Knowledge of British codes and standards for Civil/ Structural engineering.
- Previous experience of Military Bases Air bases or Secure Airports would also be highly desirable for this role. Preference will be given to candidates who have this.
Salary & Benefits – Middle East salary Structural Engineer
- A basic salary of 32,000-38,000SAR to include transport and accommodation allowance
- For remote locations accommodation may be provided rather than an allowance
- Laptop & Mobile Phone
- Medical Cover
- In addition, Mobilisation and demobilisation flights
- Bonus as per Saudi Law
To apply for this Civil / Structural Engineering job vacancy in the Middle East
N.B Please provide a copy of your Certificate of Chartered Status with your application. You must provide it to be considered for this role. If you do not have this, we respectfully ask that you do not apply for this role. We are expecting to see a CEng Chartered Status.
Please note: We are seeking CEng MICE MIStructE, we are NOT seeking membership of the Saudi Council of Engineers. Although all candidates will be expected to become members once in Saudi Arabia
Please send an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae / Resume to email@example.com along with a copy of your Chartered Status Certificate.
Please quote Ref :CEng01-23
- Please note: As with all roles in the Middle East, you will be required to obtain a Police Clearance Check certificate
- For roles in Saudi Arabia you MUST have a valid covid vaccination. Candidates who have not had a Covid Vaccination cannot be considered.
- If you would like more information on this role, or any of our other Middle East Civil Engineering Job Vacancies please get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like more information on how to become a Chartered Civil Engineer or a Chartered Structural Engineer, please visit the following websites https://www.istructe.org/membership/ or https://www.ice.org.uk/membership/membership-grades/member-mice/
For more roles for Chartered Professional Engineers in the Middle East visit the pages below
Middle East and International Jobs Careers and Vacancies Page
Chartered Engineers Middle East Vacancies
Do you want more information on living and working in the Saudi Arabia? Click on the link to our blog, which provides information on Visas and Salaries in the Middle East and much more
Do you want to work in the Middle East? – Stafford Lawrence
CV writing for Middle East roles – Jobs and Careers for Cost Professionals
- Please ensure that you provide your Date of Birth and Nationality on your CV, along with your contact detail, telephone number and email address.
- A professional picture. Ideally a picture of you in a professional setting. Please do not provide photos of yourself in a local bar or dancing at a party, or in fancy dress!
- Please ensure that you provide dates on ALL of your qualifications and the place where you studied your BSc Quantity Surveying and detail if it was full or part-time.
- Please make sure that you provide your MRICS Membership number and the date you attained MRICS.
- Where possible provide information on the projects you have worked on and their value as well as your particular involvement and who you reported to, and anyone you were responsible for.
- In addition, provide detail on your notice period and availability.
- Above all, please do not use coloured text or logo pictures on your CV, keep it simple.
About Us- Stafford Lawrence Ltd- Engineering Recruitment Consultants
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting full-time vacancies for Consultancy professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- We have considerable experience placing candidates in first-time roles in the Middle East, we will guide you and offer assistance all the way.
- For any questions on the roles on our website, please get in touch via our website contact form
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking Engineers for Careers in Construction in the Middle East, we can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits as well as information on living and working in the middle east and visa requirements.