Civil Engineering Project Manager – Civil Projects
Civil Engineering Construction Project Manager transport, Cornwall Construction jobs.
Our client is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with extensive awards to their name, they have many new project wins in transport ,roads, highways, bridges, low carbon transport hubs, flood management, coastal engineering and public realm enhancements as well as walking and cycling infrastructure and as a result, they are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer with Construction Project Management experience to oversee a variety of capital projects in the Truro, Cornwall area.
If you have experience with a Multidisciplinary construction project management consultancy or an Engineering Consultancy and you have solid project management experience in the Civil Engineering industry, this could be the role for you. This job vacancy is a full-time permanent position. We are not considering freelance or contract candidates for this role.
This senior Civil Engineer Construction Project Manager job would be ideal for someone who is currently based in the Cornwall area, but our client will also consider candidates who wish to relocate from another part of the United Kingdom. The role will report to the Director of Project Management in the region.
Please Note : Salaries in the Southwest area tend to be lower than some of the other areas in the U.K, and are not comparable to London, but our client is flexible on salary packages for the right person.
Please Note: United Kingdom Nationals or those with a current right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Our clients cannot currently provide visas to Non-UK Nationals
Role Job Description – Civil Engineering Project Management Vacancy
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Civils Construction projects at various stages in a project’s life cycle (pre-construction, construction and post-construction).
- This is a client-facing Construction Project Management role, providing support and advice on all aspects of the project – technical, financial, contractual, safety & environment etc.
- As a Civil Engineering Project Manager, you will have responsibility for Programme, Change and Risk Management.
- In addition, you will take a proactive approach to contract administration generally using the ECC NEC suite of contracts.
- Managing the production of design data including conducting technical reviews and acceptances.
- Supporting the production of contract data and works information and executing tenders.
- Regularly creating and drafting of reports – progress, value engineering, lessons learnt, options and feasibility etc.
- Organise, chair and minute both regular and ad-hoc meetings relating to the project.
- Support all aspects of project/client governance procedures.
- Support the Quantity Surveyor but take ownership of project cost control.
- Report to the regional director for Project Management.
Requirements for the Cornwall Civil Construction Project Manager Job
- You will have extensive experience in managing Civils Construction Projects, ideally with Construction Consultancy or an Engineering consultancy organisation. Our client is not a main contractor, so would prefer construction consultancy candidates for this role. Some experience with a main contractor will be considered, but you must have experience overseeing contractors for a construction consultancy and reporting to the client.
- In addition, experience in transport, roads, highways, bridges, flood management, coastal engineering and/ or public realm enhancements projects will be highly desirable.
- A strong understanding of ECC NEC Construction Contracts in the United Kingdom is essential for this role.
- A construction-related degree qualification such as, Civil Engineering, Construction Project Management, Quantity Surveying or Building Surveying. We will also consider other construction-related degree qualifications, as long as you can show experience as a Civil Engineering Project Manager on major Civils projects in the UK.
- As a Senior Civil construction project manager, you will also have the ability to liaise with clients and manage projects from inception to completion.
- You will work with the Cost management team on a large project or a number of smaller projects and have oversite of the project budget.
- In addition, you will be expected to assist with mentoring and managing less senior colleagues such as Assistant and Trainee project managers.
- This role will report to the Project Director for the region.
Salary & Benefits for the Senior Civil Engineer PM vacancy
This is a full-time permanent vacancy; we are not currently seeking freelancers for this position.
- The successful Senior Construction Project Manager- Civil Engineering- Cornwall should expect A basic salary of £42,000- £56,000
In addition to a great basic salary, you will also receive the following additional benefits
- Laptop, Mobile Phone, Pension, Pool Car and Mileage Allowance
- In addition 33 days of holiday ( 25 plus 8 bank holidays) plus Birthday
- Plus, some work-from-home days 2/3 home/office
- In addition, one paid professional subscription
- Continuing professional training and development
- Pension and Life cover
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Cover
- In addition, Sports and Social events
- Additional relocation assistance if required – Please call us to discuss relocation for this role.
- The opportunity to work with the local community assisting with community projects
To apply for this Civil Engineering Project Management job vacancy.
Email an up-to-date CV to email@example.com. Please Quote reference VRSCE/CORN/11/22
OR call 0208 638 8857
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience hiring and recruiting construction consultancy professionals in the United Kingdom Middle East and Asia.
- We are a United Kingdom-based recruiter
- Stafford Lawrence is an Employment Agency that specialises in hiring Quantity Surveyor / Cost / Commercial Project Management and Engineering professionals in the United Kingdom, Middle East and Asia
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will be sent specifically to named clients with your permission; we will provide all company information to candidates we select to send forward to our clients.
- If we have another role for you to consider, we will again, provide detail of that client and ask your permission to send it to that specific client.
Do you know of someone who would be interested in this Construction Project Management vacancy?
Stafford Lawrence Ltd offers a candidate referral scheme. Do you know of a candidate who might be interested in this position? Please visit our blog on how to refer a Constructin Project Management Civil Engineering Candidate
Contact us if you have any questions on our roles, firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our other roles in the South West region – Construction Recruitment UK
Jobs and vacancies for Cost Consultants in Cornwall
Senior Construction Project Manager NEC Contracts Plymouth Devon