Chief Resident Engineer
Chief Resident Engineer – Papua New Guinea: We are seeking a Team Leader/ Cheif Resident Engineer for a position based in PNG ( Papua New Guinea) with a well known European Engineering Consultancy. Our client is a well known worldwide Engineering Consultancy. This role is for a Chief Resident Engineer to oversee the contractors and subcontractors on behalf of the client. You will also have solid experience in Client reporting as a Highways Resident Engineer, Team Leader, Chief Engineer and Project Manager.
This particular role requires experience in the Construction of Roads and Highways.
It is essential that candidates have a Masters and Degree Qualification in a Construction or Engineering related subject
We have a number of jobs for Engineers overseas, please visit our International jobs page for more details.
Job Description for the Chief Engineer
- You will supervise works for the construction of Roads.
- Ensure that work is executed in accordance with the contracts, to the standards and specifications of the approved plans.
- Ensure all pre-contractual obligations of the contractors are compliant prior to the execution of the contracts.
- In addition, Review and approve the contractors’ schedule, and assess the progress of work against the approved program using the scheduling software.
- Keep the Client informed of any delay in the schedules and take all necessary actions to minimise or prevent potential delays
- Monitor the quality of the work and its compliance with the requirements of the Contracts. Inspect and approve material sources identified by the contractors, oversee quality testing by the contractors and identify any sections of the Road that do not meet the specified Service Levels.
- Prepare and process variation orders, evaluate claims for additional costs and extensions of time, and otherwise administer the provisions of the contracts.
- Prepare cash flow projections for the Employer in an agreed format, identifying variances between planned and actual cash flows
- Review, approve and monitor the contractors’ plans to minimise disruptions to the flow of traffic during repair and maintenance works, and ensure that these activities do not compromise public safety.
- Monitor and inspect the contractors’ quality control program, including regular checking of the materials testing equipment, methods and frequencies.
- In addition, The Consultant shall also regularly check the contractors’ material and road testing records to ensure accurate cross-referencing of tests against the locations from which the tested samples were obtained.
- Liaise with local authorities as well as local communities on a regular basis and monitor the scope and effectiveness of awareness programs.
- In addition, process interim and final payment certificates and, as appropriate, certify payments.
- Upon completion of a section of the works, ensure all contractual requirements are met, and issue completion certificates.
- Advise the Employer with respect to the resolution of claims, disputes, arbitration or litigation.
Requirements for the Team Leader Papua New Guinea
- The Chief Resident Engineer/ Team Leader should have circa 30 years of experience.
- In addition at least 15 years in roads construction engineering and project management
- Extensive experience in the management of teams of Resident Engineers, plus Project and Construction Management experience
- A degree qualification as well as a Masters degree in Engineering or another related field of engineering and construction.
- Extensive roads and highways experience
- Strong Contracts Experience FIDIC
- In addition, extensive experience of the oversight and management of resident engineers
Salary & Benefits – Chief Engineer PNG
- This is a 24-36 month contract
- A basic salary of circa $10,000 -12,000 per month
- In addition, a local allowance of USD $ 2200
- Provided Accommodation
- 30 days leave
- As well as Medical and Accident emergency insurance cover
- 2 air tickets plus local transportation
To apply for any of our Civil / Highways Engineering jobs overseas
- Please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like more information on this role, or any of our Overseas Engineering Jobs / Vacancies please get in touch with us via the website or email Victoria Ricketts to apply directly. Stafford Lawrence also adheres strictly to GDPR Guidelines