Project Manager NEC Highways – Construction Project Management Recruitment
We are looking to hire a Construction Project Manager NEC Highways, for our award-winning Construction Consultancy client for their offices in Gloucester, Gloucestershire. In particular, you should have knowledge of administering NEC Contracts for Highways Civil Engineering construction projects as well as experience with a Project Management Consultancy. Please view our other UK-based jobs for NEC Contracts Professionals and Civil Engineers. This Project Manager job vacancy is a full-time permanent role based in Gloucester.
- Our client offers some home working for this role as well as some office-based working.
- Based in Gloucester, their contracts cover the area from Gloucester as well as the Warwickshire and Worcester regions.
- Our client provides Project Management and Quantity Surveying services to their clients advising on projects and overseeing the contractors. This role will oversee Highways Civil Projects and NEC contracts.
- If you are a Project Manager, Commercial Manager or quantity surveyor with Project Management experience in Civil Engineering Highways or Highways Infrastructure projects we would like to hear from you.
(United Kingdom Nationals or those with a current right to live and work in the UK) Our client cannot currently provide visas or sponsorship for Non-UK nationals.
Requirements for the Construction Project Manager NEC Contracts Highways
- A Construction Related Degree Qualification such as Civil Engineering, Project Management or Construction Management, or Surveying disciplines, such as Quantity Surveying.
- Above all, A Strong understanding of NEC Contracts ( New Engineering Contracts) as a Construction Project Manager specifically for Civil Highways or Highways Infrastructure projects. It is essential that you have previous experience with United Kingdom Highways and Road Networks construction projects as you will be expected to administer NEC contracts for Highways construction projects and Highways and Roads contracts in relation to new housing developments.
- In addition, experience with a Construction Consultancy as a Project Manager is preferred as our clients are a consultancy organisation. However, they will consider candidates with a Main Contractor, Housing developer or Civil Engineering background.
- Ideally, the successful Construction Project Manager will be based in the Gloucestershire/ Warwickshire/ West Midlands areas. Our client is open to Project Managers who wish to relocate from another region in the United Kingdom. Please note, however, that we are not seeking freelancers or those on a contract basis as this is a permanent requirement for the team.
- In addition, you should have skills in all areas of Contracts Administration for NEC Contracts for Highways and/or Housing Development Projects.
- Understanding of Section 278 and Section 38 for Housing Developments would also be helpful, however, this is not essential.
- Furthermore, for this role some working from home is offered, 2/3 if you require it, with weekly visits to the Gloucester office. Our client understands that not everyone prefers home working, so you can work from the office permanently if you wish. There is flexibility around this.
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team is another essential requirement for this role as well as very strong client-facing and client-liaison skills.
- Some experience of leadership in the management and mentoring of less senior members of the Project Management team would be highly desirable.
- This project management position will report to the General Manager for the Gloucester region.
Salary & Benefits for the Project Manager NEC Contracts Gloucester
This is a full-time permanent job vacancy. We are not seeking freelancers or contractors for this role.
The successful Construction Project Manager should expect a basic salary of £35,000 – 47,000 basic per annum
In addition to a great salary package, you will also receive the following benefits.
- Mileage Allowance and/ or use of a pool car.
- A generous Pension scheme.
- Annual leave allowance of 33 days plus 8 bank holidays, as well as a birthday day.
- Monday – Friday 37.5 hours ( This client is also open to some homeworking days).
- Mobile and Laptop.
- In addition, one Professional Subscription.
- Enhanced Maternity or Paternity leave
- Additional days off to assist with local community projects of your choosing.
To Apply for this Project Management job vacancy in the U.K
Email your CV to Victoria Ricketts and quote reference NEC/GLOU/23
OR call in confidence +44 (0) 208 638 8857
We also have a number of other Civil Engineering, Project Management and Commercial Management roles in the United Kingdom. Please go to our United Kingdom jobs pages for detailed information on all roles. We provide salary bandings for all our roles.
UK Jobs – Stafford Lawrence- Jobs in UK Construction & Engineering
Can you recommend a candidate for this vacancy?
Stafford Lawrence Ltd offers an ethical candidate referral scheme. Do you know of a candidate who might be interested in this position? Please visit our candidate referral scheme for details on how to refer someone for this role and how you can receive a referral fee. Stafford Lawrence Construction Project Manager NEC Contracts candidate referral scheme
About Us- Stafford Lawrence Ltd
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting full-time vacancies for Consultancy professionals in the United Kingdom
- For any questions on the roles on our website, please get in touch via our website contact form
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR ( General Data Protection Regulation) Guidelines. Your Curriculum Vitae will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking Project Management professionals for Careers in Construction in the United Kingdom, we can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits for all our roles.
Chartered Status is highly desirable when working with a Construction Consultancy although not essential for this role, MAPM, MCIOB MRICS or NEC Accreditation would also be highly desirable. Further information on how to become a Member of a Chartered professional body in the UK or to attain NEC Project Management Accreditation can be found on the following sites.