Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Cornwall
Quantity Surveyor Jobs in Cornwall. Stafford Lawrence is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Cost Consultant, for a full-time permanent position based in Truro Cornwall.
This client is a leading award-winning Multidisciplinary consultancy with exceptional client links in the area.
We are keen to hear from Senior Quantity Surveyors / Cost Consultants who are located in the Truro area. We are also keen to hear from those who wish to relocate from another UK area. Assistance with relocation is also provided.
The role requires experience in Buildings Projects, such as Healthcare (preferred), Education, Commercial, and / Or Residential.
This is an excellent company to work for. They have a strong Corporate Social responsibility and they are very proud of this. This client regularly lets its staff take time to involve themselves in Community and charitable projects.
We have placed a number of candidates at all levels with this client over the last 10 years. Staff Turnover is very low, they hold on to good people.
N.B UK nationals or those with a current right to live and work in the UK. Our client cannot offer visas to non-uk nationals.
Job Description for the Senior Quantity Surveyor Cornwall
- You will be working alongside the Associate Director and Director for Cost in the South West Region
- In addition, you will be working on your own projects with minor supervision
- We are seeking an individual who would be keen to build and grow a team of Quantity Surveyors in the area in the future.
- This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who is currently a Quantity Surveyor and wishes to move to a Senior Quantity Surveyor role to utilise their management skills.
- Ideally, you will have experience of mentoring less senior members of a team.
- You will be working on Healthcare Frameworks projects in the region as well as Commercial, Mixed-Use and High-End Residential Projects.
- In addition, You will utilise your experience as a Quantity Surveyor to oversee projects for the client, ensuring that they are completed to budget and to time.
Requirements for the Senior Cost Consultant Jobs
- Ideally, candidates will hold a Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or another construction-related degree subject
- Circa 5-8 years of experience as a quantity surveyor
- Strong Cost Planning and Cost Management experience and the ability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- In addition, strong client liaison skills and the ability to advise and oversee contractors on behalf of your clients.
- In addition, Full training and assistance with APC, to attain chartered status can be provided if you do not have this already.
- Experience with a PQS Consultancy would be preferred, although our client will consider candidates from contracting or a cost engineering background.
Salary & Benefits for the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Consultant – Cornwall
This is a full-time permanent Senior Quantity Surveyor role. We are not seeking freelance candidates for this position.
- The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor can expect a basic salary of £40-55,000 per annum
In addition to a great basic this client provides an excellent benefits package
- Laptop, mobile phone
- Mileage allowance/ Access to a Pool car / Or Car Allowance
- In addition, one paid Professional Fee
- A generous holiday allowance, 33 days plus birthday as well as 8 public holidays
- Pension Provision and life cover
- In addition, Travel Expenses and use of a company car.
- Training and Career development paid for by the company
- This client offer other additional benefits
- Plus some work from Home days 2/3 home/office
- Training and development
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Sports and Social events
- Assistance with relocation
N.B Assistance with relocation can be provided in some cases – This could be in the form of rental accommodation for the probation period or an allowance
To apply for any of our Construction Consultancy jobs/ Vacancies
To apply email your CV to Victoria Ricketts Please quote reference VRSQSCornwall-10/22
OR call us for a confidential discussion on 0208 638 8857
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting Consultancy professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- For any questions on the roles on our website, please get in touch via the contact page on our website or use our contact form
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd also adheres to strict GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to named clients only with your permission.
- We are a United Kingdom Based Recruitment Consultancy
Do you know of someone who would be interested in this vacancy?
Stafford Lawrence Ltd offer a candidate referral scheme. Do you know of a candidate who might be interested in this position? Please visit our candidate referral scheme for details on how to refer someone for this role. https://www.staffordlawrence.com/candidate-referral-scheme/
In addition, we have other roles in the South West region, including Somerset Devon and Gloucestershire.
Quantity Surveyor job vacancies in Somerset
Contracts administrator vacancy in Devon
Senior Quantity Surveyor job in Truro, Cornwall