Chartered Mechanical Engineer KSA
We have a permanent full-time vacancy for a Chartered Mechanical Engineer KSA (Saudi Arabia) to join a well-known British multi-disciplinary Construction Consultancy working on confidential projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Chartered Status is a requirement , you must be a member of a Chartered Institute CEng or MIMechE, MCIBSE
Our client are a well-known top-flight British construction consultancy in the Middle East. This vacancy is for a Chartered Mechanical Engineer to oversee the contractors on behalf of the client for a position in Riyadh Saudi Arabia. In addition, Strong Site experience is a requirement, as well as extensive knowledge of British Codes and Standards.
Chartered Engineer status, CEng, or a member of a professional body such as MIMechE, MCIBSE etc. https://www.imeche.org/membership-registration/become-a-member/chartered-engineer
Strong hands-on Project Management experience is a requirement, as well as an understanding of Construction Schedules. This mechanical engineering role requires Chartered Status. If you have experience with Military Air Base projects this would be a ‘nice to have’ for this role, but our client will consider candidates with Buildings Experience.
Please note: Our clients cannot obtain visas for Saudi Arabia for candidates over the age of 65 currently.
Job Description – Chartered Mechanical Engineer Jobs and Careers Middle East
You will have a solid understanding of the following:
- Mechanical assessments of existing and New Buildings.
- Experience in Monitoring/ Overseeing/ Reviewing the contractor’s progress, This role will oversee the contractor on behalf of the client.
- In addition, experience of designing structures to British Standards and Eurocodes and Building Regulations with a sound understanding of construction methods and processes
- Liaison with external mechanical engineers and other sub-consultants
- You will also, Complete technical studies prepare cost estimates and complete surveys and reports
- Identify technical solutions and undertake feasibility studies to identify optimum designs.
- In addition, Strong Project Management experience and the ability to organise your own time and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Represent the building consultancy to clients. Strong Client Liaison and work-winning experience is essential.
- This role will report to the Principal Chartered Mechanical Engineer
- Previous experience of Military Bases Air bases or Secure Airports would also be highly desirable for this role, or Buildings Experience.
Requirements for the Chartered Mechanical Engineer KSA
Previous Middle East experience is NOT a requirement for this role, However, ALL of the following requirements must be met, not just one.
- Chartered Status is essential for this role, for example, CEng. MIMechE, or another recognised Chartered Status.
- Due to the nature of the projects, extensive understanding of British Codes and Standards for Electrical Engineering.
- In addition, A Degree Qualification in a relevant Construction subject, with a preference for a Degree in Mechanical Engineering for this role.
- Solid experience as A Chartered Mechanical Engineer overseeing contractors on behalf of the client. Work experience with a Construction Consultancy organisation.
- A minimum of 8-12 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer for design and project management.
- Above all a Strong knowledge of Mechanical engineering principles, design/software packages
- Experience in Defence projects would be highly regarded, if not experience in Buildings Projects, such as mixed-use and commercial projects would also be considered.
Salary & Benefits- Chartered Mechanical Engineers Salary Middle East
The successful candidate can expect a basic salary tax-free of 32,000- 35,000 SAR(This figure includes transport allowance)
- In addition, accommodation is provided on top of this package.
- Laptop & Mobile Phone
- Medical cover is provided for all candidates
- Visa and relocation costs
Please note, candidates should also have full vaccination status for positions in Saudi Arabia, in the Middle East.
To apply for our Chartered Mechanical Engineer job vacancy
Apply with an up-to-date CV and a copy of your Chartered Status Certificate to email@example.com. Please quote reference CMech/KSA23
Please provide a copy of your Certificate of Chartered Status with your application. You must provide it to be considered for this role. If you do not have this, we respectfully ask that you do not apply for this role
- Please note: Roles in the Middle East require a Police Clearance Check certificate. If you have criminal convictions we will be unlikely to obtain a visa for you
- If you would like more information on this role, or any of our other Middle East Mechanical Engineering Jobs / Vacancies please get in touch with us contact us via the website or email Victoria Ricketts to apply directly. Stafford Lawrence also adheres strictly to GDPR Guidelines.
Do you want more information on living and working in the Middle East? Our blog provides information on Visas and Salaries in the Middle East and much more
CV writing for Middle East roles – Jobs and Careers for Cost Professionals
- Please ensure that you provide your Date of Birth and Nationality on your CV, along with your contact detail, telephone number and email address.
- A professional picture. Ideally a picture of you in a professional setting. Please do not provide photos of yourself in a local bar or dancing at a party, or in fancy dress!
- Please ensure that you provide dates on ALL of your qualifications and the place/university where you studied your Degree Qualification. Please also detail if it was full or part-time.
- Please make sure that you provide your Chartered Status Membership number and the date you attained chartered status
- Where possible provide information on the projects you have worked on and their value as well as your particular involvement and who you reported to, and anyone you were responsible for.
- In addition, provide detail on your notice period and availability.
- Above all, please do not use coloured text or logo pictures on your CV, keep it simple.
About Us- Stafford Lawrence Ltd
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting full-time vacancies for Consultancy professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- We have considerable experience placing candidates in first-time roles in the Middle East, we will guide you and offer assistance all the way.
- For any questions on the roles on our website, please get in touch via our website contact form
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking Engineers for Careers in Construction in the Middle East, we can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits as well as information on living and working in the middle east and visa requirements.