International Engineering Jobs and Careers – Resident Engineer Vacancy
Chief Resident Engineer Highways Nepal: We are searching for a Team Leader/ Chief Resident Engineer / Senior Resident Engineer for a full-time position based in Nepal South Asia with a well-known European Engineering Consultancy. This position is on a 40 month contract and is based in a mountainous region in Nepal.
Our client is a worldwide European Engineering Consultancy. This role is for a Team Leader Resident engineer / Senior Resident Engineer to oversee the contractors and subcontractors on behalf of the client. You will also have solid experience in Client reporting as a Senior Resident Engineer on Roads and Highways projects.
PLEASE NOTE : ALL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET FOR THIS ROLE, WE CANNOT CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS LISTED. REQUIREMENT MEANS IT IS NEEDED.
We have a number of other jobs and careers in the middle east and Asia for Engineers, please visit our Jobs Careers and International Vacancies page for more details if this engineering job vacancy does not meet your requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot obtain a visa for this position for anyone over the age of 65. The client has stipulated this.
Requirements for the Team Leader Resident Engineer Roads & Highways
- The successful Chief Resident Engineer /Team Leader, will have extensive previous experience as a Team Leader Resident Engineer on Roads and Highways projects. With at least 20 years in total 10 of which must be as a Team Leader or Chief Resident Engineer and at least 15 years of Roads and Highways projects
- Previous experience in the region. Candidates MUST have prior experience of Roads and Highways projects specifically in Asia (our client has rejected previous candidates without this) So please DO NOT apply if you do not have this.
- At least 15-20 years of experience as a Resident Engineer on Roads and Highways projects in Asia.
- 10 years of your total experience must be as a Team Leader, or Chief RE
- Previous experience with world bank or Asian development-funded projects is desirable
- Experience of the construction of roads and Highways, value at $120million plus
- Fluent English Language skills are a requirement.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE YOU MUST ALSO HAVE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- A Degree Qualification in a relevant engineering or Construction subject. Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- In addition, A Masters Degree qualification is also a requirement. An MSc in Addition to your Degree Qualification
- PE Professional Engineer Status. You must be a Chartered Professional Engineer for this role. This is a requirement. Our client has specifically asked for this.
Job Description for the Team Leader RE Roads and Highways -Jobs and Careers in Asia
- As a Team Leader/ Chief Resident Engineer, you will be expected to supervise a team for the engineering works for significant Roads and Highways projects
- In addition, the provision of supervision services and oversight of the work performed by the contractors on the Highways and Roads projects, including the review and approval of the contractors work plan, construction methodologies, key personnel and verification of the completed works.
- Provision of advice to the client on the management of Contracts
- Carry out design review, and propose amendments to the contracts and design documents to ensure the works are implemented on time and to budget according to conditions.
- In addition, the ability to liaise with the client’s external engineers and other sub-consultants
- Undertake inspection of surveys, review drawings, bills of quantities, technical specifications, design calculations, contract documents and all other pertinent documents
- Approval of Quality assurance plans, design review and all construction management.
- Mentoring of all staff in project implementation and administration as well as guidance and supervision.
- Senior Level Client reporting experience is essential for this role.
Salary & Benefits – Team Leader – Resident Engineer Roads & Highways
This is a 40-month full-time contract based in Nepal
- A basic salary to be discussed is entirely dependent upon experience, our client is currently open to reasonable discussion on the basic salary on this role. To be discussed in US$
- In addition, accommodation and transport allowance of $1,200 is provided.
- Married Status can be provided, but the role is not conducive to family status due to location.
- 30 days paid leave
- As well as Medical and Accident emergency insurance cover
- In addition, 2 air tickets
To apply for this Chief Resident Engineer Roads and Highways
To apply for the Chief Resident Engineer /Team Leader job vacancy. Send an up-to-date CV/ Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference: CRE/Nepal
CV writing for Middle East roles – Jobs and Careers for Engineers
- Please ensure that you provide your Date of Birth and Nationality on your CV, along with your contact detail, telephone number and email address.
- A professional picture. Ideally a picture of you in a professional setting. Please do not provide photos of yourself in a local bar or dancing at a party, or in fancy dress !
- Please ensure that you provide dates on ALL of your qualifications and the place where you studied your Degree Qualification and detail if it was full or part-time.
- Where possible provide information on the projects you have worked on and their value as well as your particular involvement and who you reported to, and anyone you were responsible for.
- In addition, provide detail on your notice period and availability.
- Above all, please do not use coloured text or logo pictures on your CV, keep it simple.
About Us- Stafford Lawrence Ltd- Engineering Recruitment
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting full-time vacancies for Consultancy professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- We have considerable experience placing candidates in first-time roles in the Middle East, we will guide you and offer assistance all the way.
- For any questions on the roles on our website, please get in touch via our website contact form
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking Engineers for Careers in Construction in the Middle East, we can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits as well as information on living and working in the middle east and visa requirements.