Construction Project Manager Winchester
This Construction Project Manager Winchester job vacancy is for a professional candidate with Construction Consultancy or Engineering Consultancy experience. The position is with a dynamic award-winning construction consultancy for their offices in Winchester. They are seeking experience of Construction Project Management with a consultancy, as well as solid Buildings Experience, Mixed Use, Commercial, and Residential. This is a full-time, permanent role. PLEASE NOTE: This is not an I.T role.
Our client is an established forward-thinking multidisciplinary practice, with offices across the United Kingdom. They are a mid-sized organisation. They have an unrivalled reputation and many awards to their name.
We also have other Construction Project Management Jobs and Careers across the United Kingdom for a number of construction consultancy clients.
N.B UK Nationals or those with a current right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
Requirements for the Construction Project Manager Winchester
- Our client is seeking a candidate with some previous experience as a Construction Project Manager circa 3-6 years.
- Experience in the United Kingdom as a project manager with an understanding of UK codes and standards for construction projects.
- You will have some experience with a Construction Consultancy as an Assistant Project Manager looking to advance to Project Manager or a Project Manager seeking a new role with a forward-thinking organisation.
- In addition, a BSc in a Construction related subject or working towards a Degree Qualification in a construction-related subject. This could be Construction Management Project Management Quantity Surveying or Building Surveying qualifications.
- Our client will consider candidates with other degree qualifications, as long as you can show experience as a Project Manager with a Construction Consultancy organisation.
- Candidates located in the Winchester, Hampshire area would be ideal, our client will also consider candidates wishing to relocate to Winchester from elsewhere in the United Kingdom.
- In addition, experience as a Project Manager on the construction of Mixed-Use, Commercial, Residential or Education projects, would be a bonus. We are also happy to hear from candidates who have Civils projects experience.
- Strong reporting and communication skills as well as a drive to progress to Senior Project Manager level.
- Some experience of Construction Project Management software, such as MS Project or Asta Power Project.
Role of the Construction Project Manager – UK Job Vacancies Project Management
- Provide project management support as defined by the Senior Project Manager and other project leads
- Manage project programmes, for the timely delivery of construction projects and services as well as preparation, monitoring, and reporting of projects costs and budgets.
- Actively take part in process of Change Control, adopt or reject, track decisions and update the Change Control Register
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the project team, including the identification, evaluation, communication, avoidance and recording of project Risks and Opportunities
- Define Quality standards, prepare quality plans, and develop and instigate procedures to achieve set standards, delivering or improving upon the required quality
- Experienced in Client Relationship Management – Liaise at an appropriate level with clients, stakeholders, and external parties (including the public)
- Skilled in People Management – assist with the management of project teams and stakeholders to achieve project goals. Implement communication strategies
- Familiar with Information Management – implement systems to control project information, coordination, distribution/communication, and quality
- Able to visit sites, attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors, and other professionals, and undertake site inspections and reviews. Prepare accurate records of such visits/meetings and associated actions, follow up actions as required to achieve desired results
- Provide cover for Senior Project Managers / Project Directors during periods of leave and absence
- Undertake such other activities as may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Salary & Benefits for the Project Management Construction role
This is a permanent full-time role, we are not seeking freelance candidates for this position
- The successful project manager should expect a basic salary of circa £38000 – £52,000, our client is flexible for the right person
In addition to a great basic salary, this client offers a number of great benefits
- Laptop, Mobile Phone, Pension, Pool Car and Mileage Allowance
- Ongoing structured training for Chartered status if required
- In addition 33 days of holiday ( 25 plus 8 bank holidays) plus Birthday
- Plus, some work-from-home days 2/3 home/office
- In addition, one paid professional subscription
- Training and development
- Pension and Life cover
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Sports and Social events
To Apply for this Project Management job vacancy in Winchester Hampshire
Please send your up-to-date CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SPM/WIN/23
OR you can call for a confidential discussion
0208 638 8857
- Stafford Lawrence is an Employment Agency that specialises in Quantity Surveyor / Cost / Commercial Project Management and Engineering Jobs in the UK Middle East and Asia
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd also strictly adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
Can you recommend a candidate for this vacancy? UK Project Management Recruitment
Stafford Lawrence Ltd offers an ethical candidate referral scheme. Do you know of a candidate who might be interested in this position? Please visit our candidate referral scheme for details on how to refer someone for this role. Stafford Lawrence Construction Project Manager Candidate referral scheme benefits.
Contact us if you have any questions about our roles, email email@example.com.
We also have a number of Construction Project Management Jobs and careers at all levels across the United Kingdom and overseas. Visit our United Kingdom or International jobs pages
UK Jobs – Stafford Lawrence UK Construction & Engineering Jobs
International Jobs – Stafford Lawrence- UK, USA, Middle East
We also have other live job vacancies in Winchester and surrounding areas please visit our United Kingdom Jobs and Careers page for more roles.