Geotechnical Engineer – Oman – Middle East Jobs- Engineering Consultancy Recruitment
Geotechnical Engineer Job in Oman Middle East jobs. We are seeking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineer, for a full-time permanent position with a European Engineering Construction Consultancy for their offices in Oman in the Middle East. The role will require supervision and interpretation of results of ground investigation as well as determining the characteristics of the soil and rock, assisting in the design process and supporting the various departments as well as supervision on site.
N.B Please check on the internet if your nationality can obtain a visa for Oman. Oman currently has restrictions on obtaining a WORK VISA for certain nationalities. We stipulate WORK VISA as all nationalities can obtain a VISIT or HOLIDAY Short Term Visa, but you must be able to obtain a WORK VISA
Role of the Geotechnical Engineer
The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will supervise and interpret the results of ground investigation
As well as be able to determine the characteristics of the soil mechanics and rock stability.
You will be responsible for assisting in the design process and supervision on site
Your role will support the requests of various departments and report to the Head of Design and Supervision.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience of the Geotechnical aspect of DAMS
Requirements and Qualifications for the Senior Geotechnical Engineer
PLEASE READ REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING. We are looking for ALL of the following, NOT JUST ONE
- A Professional Civil Engineer with bachelor’s degree in civil or Geotechnical Engineering with majors in soil mechanics and engineering geology. Degree in Engineering geology is also acceptable provided that relevant experience in design process is proved.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have Dam Projects experience. Please ensure if you have this to detail this in your CV.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of specific experience in geotechnical investigation planning and interpretation, slope stability analysis, seepage analysis.
- Assist various departments on routine and non-routine design and field projects.
- Perform technical assignments with supervision of Head of Geotechnical Department.
- Assist in planning and coordinating field investigations with estimation of budget and preparation of specifications.
- Assist to supervise and interpret ground investigation and laboratory tests to determine the characteristics of the soil and rock, the suitability of the materials to be incorporated in the works, as well as verify that the completed works conform to the design and contract specifications.
- Prepare field, laboratory and engineering reports for final review by senior staff.
- The ability to work on your own initative and as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to make good judgments.
- Proficient in MS Office suites and AutoCAD. Civil3D is a plus.
- Proficiency in RocScience software suite or equivalent is a plus.
- Good analytical and communication skills in English (both written and verbal).
Salary & Benefits for the Geotechnical Engineer Job Oman- Middle East Engineering Recruitment
This is a full-time permanent position with a well-known engineering consultancy
- A salary including accommodation allowance of 1500-1800 OMR per month. This can be discussed on a case-by-case basis and is negotiable for the right person.
- In addition transport allowance is provided
- Medical insurance cover is provided on top of the basic salary
- Mobilisation flights and visa costs.
To apply for this vacancy for Geotechnical Engineer Job Oman- Engineering Recruitment
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please quote reference GEO/OM/24 Please confirm in your email that you meet the following requirements
- That you have circa 10+ years of experience as a Geotechnical Engineer
- That you have the relevant software experience Civil3D and RocScience
- That you have the required Qualifications, A Degree in Civil Engineering and an MSc ( preferred)
CV writing for Middle East job vacancies – Jobs and Careers for Engineers
- Please ensure that you provide your Date of Birth and Nationality on your CV, along with your contact detail, telephone number and email address.
- A professional picture. Ideally a picture of you in a professional setting. Please do not provide photos of yourself in a local bar or dancing at a party, or in fancy dress !
- Please ensure that you provide dates on ALL of your qualifications and the place where you studied your BSc Quantity Surveying and detail if it was full or part-time.
- Please make sure that you provide your MRICS Membership number and the date you attained MRICS.
- Where possible provide information on the projects you have worked on and their value as well as your particular involvement and who you reported to, and anyone you were responsible for.
- In addition, provide detail on your notice period and availability.
- Above all, please do not use coloured text or logo pictures on your CV, keep it simple.
About Us- Stafford Lawrence Ltd- Engineering Recruitment Consultants
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting full-time vacancies for Engineering Consultancy professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- We have considerable experience placing experienced and first time candidates into Job Vacancies in the Middle East, we will guide you and offer assistance all the way.
- For any questions on the job vacancies on our website, please get in touch via our website contact form.
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking Engineers for Careers in Construction in the Middle East, we can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits as well as information on living and working in the middle east and visa requirements.
Please visit our International jobs page for more Engineering jobs and careers in the middle east