Chartered Principal Structural Engineer Vacancy Oman
Chartered Principal Structural engineer jobs: We are seeking a Chartered Principal Structural Engineer for a position in Oman to join a well known Engineering Consultancy. Our client are a well known European engineering consultancy in the Middle East. This role is for a Principal Structural Engineer for Hospital Projects in Oman.
Chartered PEng or CEng ( Chartered Engineer) Status plus membership of a professional body such as MICE MIStructE. (Chartered Institute of Structural Engineers, Chartered Institute of Civil Engineers) Candidates must have 15-19 years of experience as a Structural Professional. No previous middle east experience required for this role, but you must be Chartered and have Hospital Structures experience
Ideally, candidates will have Buildings Projects experience Ideally Hospital Projects. If you are a Chartered professional with Hospital projects experience seeking a position in the Middle East, please read the additional information below.
Please visit our International jobs careers and vacancies page for more roles for Engineering candidates in the Middle East.
The hospital projects will be designed and built to UK standards using healthcare and NHS Standards. Experience of this would be very useful.
If you are seeking International Jobs for Engineers in another location, please visit our International jobs page for all our other Overseas Engineering vacancies.
Job Description for the Principal Structural Engineer Vacancy
- Review, evaluate and approve design submissions, drawings, calculations, material submissions, method statements and documents for accuracy and contractual compliance with applied standards and specifications. Verifies that codes and engineering standard practices are being met.
- Specifying, designing and analysing new and existing structural systems utilising engineering standards and specialist tools and software.
- Create engineering drawings/ technical specifications for PMO designs/works/methods/processes as requested
- Resolves issues or problems concerning conflicting design requirements, specifications and/or difficult interface/coordination requirements.
- Monitoring site progress to ensure conformance to design, specifications and safety standards.
- Actively communicate with other disciplines to optimise areas of interface, during the design development, review and check processes.
- In addition, be responsible for technical oversight, coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Prepare, initiate and Lead design review meetings/Workshops/Presentations as required
- Attend meetings and assist project stakeholders in preparation of project management plans, conflict resolutions, concept development, interfaces.
- Directs project teams in line with project management plans on large projects and may be responsible for leading small projects.
- Advises project leaders of potential client and consultant requested changes to scope of work; determines cause and effect to project budget and schedule.
- Responsible for coordination of specifications and drawings, Coordinates QA/QC processes and implements QA/QC recommendations.
- Develop PMO requirements for taking over, testing and commissioning protocols and requirements for the projects. Weekly monthly and quarterly reports.
- Interact, report and update the line manager on all discipline’s tasks and activities and progress on daily basis with forecasted views.
- As required, lead a team of civil/structural engineers ensuring best practice designs and implement appropriate metrics to measure performance of team and individuals to ensure a best in class engineering team.
- Interact, report and update the line manager on all discipline’s tasks and activities and progress on a daily basis.
Requirements for the Chartered Structural Engineer
- Chartered Status is required for this role, for example, MIStructE ICE or CEng.
- In addition, A Degree Qualification in Civil and/Or Structural Engineering
- 15 years of RCC Structural engineering works as well as at least 10 years in a Design Consultancy. Experience of the Design of structural building systems, including hospitals and multistory buildings.
- Above all a Strong knowledge of Structural engineering principles, design/software packages
- In addition, a strong understanding of international standards BS and EN. Highly experienced in working with the latest international technical standards for structural works, current industry Standards, Codes of Practice and best practice.
- Sound experience in conceptual, front end (preliminary) and detailed design development and review.
- Highly experienced in using various international structural design softwares for structures, such as AutoCAD, ETABS, SAP, Civil Design.
- Experienced in industry Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental legislation and requirements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a proficient command of the English language (both written and spoken).
- Experienced in design development and review of storm water drainage networks, flood protection and erosion control works for large scale buildings.
- In addition, experienced in engineering design of site grading and earthworks, pavement/roadworks, and utilities infrastructure.
- Conversant with OHDS 2017 as well as international codes and standards for civil engineering designs.
Salary & Benefits – Chartered Principal Structural Engineer Jobs
- A salary of 2,500 -3,500OMR
- In addition, transport is provided
- Laptop & Mobile Phone
- Medical Cover
To apply for this role of Principal Structural Engineer Oman
Apply with an up to date cv to email@example.com. Please also quote Ref PSE/1122
- If you would like more information on this role, or any of our other Middle East Structural Engineering Jobs / Vacancies please get in touch with us via our Contact Us form on our Contact Us Page.
- Stafford Lawrence also adheres to GDPR Guidelines
- If you would like more information on how to become a Chartered Civil Engineer or a Chartered Structural Engineer, please visit the following websites https://www.istructe.org/membership/ or https://www.ice.org.uk/membership/membership-grades/member-mice/
Do you want more information on living and working in the Middle East? Our blog provides information on Visas and Salaries in the Middle East and much more