Water Supply/ Water Infrastructure Quantity Surveyor – Oman – Middle East Jobs
We are seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor with Water infrastructure /Water Supply projects experience for a full-time 30 month contract with a European Engineering Construction Consultancy for their offices in Oman. This position will be based on site on a project in Ibri, Oman.
PLEASE NOTE: This project commences in JUNE 2024
Our client is looking for a Degree Qualified professional with circa 15 years of industry experience. Please note this job vacancy is for a Quantity Surveyor with experience of Water Supply / Water Infrastructure sector experience.
No previous Middle East experience is required for this engineering vacancy, as long as you can show solid experience in the Water Industry working for an Engineering Consultancy as a Quantity Surveyor. This role is open to all nationalities.
If you have not worked in the Middle East before, please check out our blog on living and working in the middle east.
We have a number of jobs and careers we are recruiting for in the Middle East for Engineering professionals. Please visit our International Jobs and Careers pages.
Responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor Water Projects
- Knowledge of Cost estimating for Materials Labour equipment and overheads specifically for water supply projects
- Regularly review expenditures against budget allocations and advise the Project Director and Resident Engineer on financial performance.
- Contract Administration, Review, negotiate, and manage contracts with suppliers, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Value Engineering, Identify opportunities for cost savings and value enhancements without compromising quality.
- Cost Reporting, Prepare detailed cost reports, including forecasts, variances, and other financial metrics, for internal reviews and stakeholder meetings.
- Risk Assessment, Evaluate financial risks and provide recommendations for risk mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate closely with the Project Director, Resident Engineer, the head office, and the supervision team to align financial strategies with project objectives
Requirements and Qualifications for the Quantity Surveyor Water Infrastructure
- A Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Preference for a Chartered Status
- Minimum of 15 years of experience Quantity Surveying with at least 10 years in Water Supply/ Water Infrastructure projects. At least 5 of these years in a Senior Role.
- Knowledge of Cost estimating and budget management for Materials Labour equipment and overheads specificaly for water supply projects
- Superior knowledge of Quantity Surveying software
- The ability to manage and coordinate with various teams for efficient financial management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities for clear and transparent stakeholder engagement.
- Strong English Language skills.
- Our client is ideally seeking a Single Status candidate for this role.
Salary & Benefits – Quantity Surveyor Water Infrastructure Projects
This is a full-time 30 month contract (2.5 years) with a well-known engineering consultancy
- A salary of 1500-1700 OMR per month. ( this figure includes the accommodation allowance)This can be discussed on a case-by-case basis and is negotiable for the right person.
- In addition, transport allowance is provided on top
- Medical insurance cover is provided on top of the basic salary
- Mobilisation flights and visa costs.
To apply for this vacancy
Email email@example.com. In the subject line please quote reference QS/WS/Oman23
Please ensure that you detail in your CV that you have the following
- 15 years experience
- A Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Chartered Status if you have it, the year you attained this status
- Detail your Quantity Surveying Software experience
CV writing for Middle East job vacancies – Jobs and Careers for Engineers
- Please ensure that you provide your Date of Birth and Nationality on your CV, along with your contact detail, telephone number and email address.
- A professional picture. Ideally a picture of you in a professional setting. Please do not provide photos of yourself in a local bar or dancing at a party, or in fancy dress !
- Please ensure that you provide dates on ALL of your qualifications and the place where you studied your Degree Qualification
- Where possible provide information on the projects you have worked on and their value as well as your particular involvement and who you reported to, and anyone you were responsible for.
- In addition, provide detail on your notice period and availability.
- Above all, please do not use coloured text or logo pictures on your CV, keep it simple.
About Us- Stafford Lawrence Ltd- Engineering Recruitment Consultants
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting full-time vacancies for Consultancy professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- We have considerable experience placing candidates in first-time roles in the Middle East, we will guide you and offer assistance all the way.
- For any questions on the job vacancies on our website, please get in touch via our website contact form.
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking professionals for Careers in Construction in the Middle East, we can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits as well as information on living and working in the middle east and visa requirements.
Please visit our International jobs page for more Engineering jobs and careers in the middle east