Senior Planning Engineer Vacancy Water Supply – Vacancies Oman – Middle East Jobs
Senior Planning Engineer job vacancy – Water Supply projects experience for a full-time 36 month contract with a European Engineering Construction Consultancy for their offices in Oman. This position will be based on site on a project in Oman.
PLEASE NOTE: This project commences in JUNE 2024
Our client is looking for a Degree Qualified professional with circa 15 years of industry experience. Please note this job vacancy is for a Senior Planning Engineer with experience of Water Supply projects experience.
No previous Middle East experience is required for this engineering vacancy, as long as you can show solid experience in the Water Industry working for an Engineering Consultancy as a Senior Planning Engineer. This role is open to all nationalities.
If you have not worked in the Middle East before, please check out our blog on living and working in the middle east.
We have a number of jobs and careers we are recruiting for in the Middle East for Engineering professionals. Please visit our International Jobs and Careers pages.
Core Responsibilities of the Senior Planning Engineer Water Supply Projects
- Project Planning: Develop and maintain detailed project schedules, outlining phases, milestones, and deadlines.
- Resource Allocation: Assist in allocating resources efficiently, from manpower to equipment and materials, based on the project plan.
- Quality Assurance: Implement quality control measures related to project planning and execution.
- Consultation & Coordination: Work closely with the Project Director, Resident Engineer, and other key stakeholders to align project plans with overall objectives.
- Issue Resolution: Anticipate potential delays or disruptions and develop contingency plans to mitigate their impact.
- Progress Tracking: Regularly update project stakeholders on the status of the project, highlighting any deviations from the initial plan.
- Team Coordination: Collaborate with the head office and the supervision team to ensure that planning activities are in sync with project execution.
Requirements and Qualifications for the Water Supply Planning Engineer
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Project Management discipline
- Preference for a Chartered Status
- It would also be advantageous to hold A Certification in Project Management ( PMP or PRINCE 2)
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Project Planning with an Engineering Consultancy with at least 10 years in Water Supply projects. At least 5 of these years in a Senior Leadership Role.
- Expertise in Planning Software such as Primavera P6 as well as knowledge of MS Project
- Demonstrated leadership experience of managing teams and driving projects to completion
- The ability to manage and coordinate with various teams for efficient financial management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities for clear and transparent stakeholder engagement.
- Strong English Language skills.
- Our client is ideally seeking a Single Status candidate for this role.
Salary & Benefits – Senior Planning Engineer Vacancy Water Projects
This is a full-time 30 month contract with a well-known engineering consultancy based in Oman
- A salary of 1700-1900 OMR per month. ( this figure includes the accommodation allowance)This can be discussed on a case-by-case basis and is negotiable for the right person.
- In addition, transport allowance is provided on top
- Medical insurance cover is provided on top of the basic salary
- Mobilisation flights and visa costs.
To apply for this Planning Engineer Vacancy- Engineering Jobs Middle East
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please quote reference PE/WS/Oman24
Please ensure that you detail in your CV that you have the following
- 15 years experience
- A Degree Qualification in Engineering or Construction Project Management
- Chartered Status if you have it, the year you attained this status
- Detail your Planning software experience
CV writing for Middle East job vacancies – Jobs and Careers for Engineers
- Please ensure that you provide your Date of Birth and Nationality on your CV, along with your contact detail, telephone number and email address.
- A professional picture. Ideally a picture of you in a professional setting. Please do not provide photos of yourself in a local bar or dancing at a party, or in fancy dress !
- Please ensure that you provide dates on ALL of your qualifications and the place where you studied your Degree Qualification
- Where possible provide information on the projects you have worked on and their value as well as your particular involvement and who you reported to, and anyone you were responsible for.
- In addition, provide detail on your notice period and availability.
- Above all, please do not use coloured text or logo pictures on your CV, keep it simple.
About Us- Stafford Lawrence Ltd- Engineering Recruitment Consultants
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting full-time vacancies for Engineering professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- We have considerable experience placing candidates into Engineering roles in the Middle East, we will guide you and offer assistance all the way.
- For any questions on the job vacancies on our website, please get in touch via our website contact form.
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking professionals for Careers in Construction in the Middle East, we can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits as well as information on living and working in the middle east and visa requirements.
Please visit our International jobs page for more Engineering jobs and careers in the middle east