Transport Energy Advisor – Africa Jobs – Transport Design
Transport Energy Advisor – Tanzania
Stafford Lawrence is recruiting for a Transport Energy Advisor with previous experience of Natural Gas or Electric Transport systems. This job vacancy is for a position with a European engineering consultancy for their offices in Tanzania, East Africa. The role requires previous experience in the Transport sector advising on Electric or Natural Gas systems for public transport.
Role of the Transport Energy Advisor
The Transport Energy Advisor will perform the following tasks:
- Initial consultation and planning with the technical committee
- Assist in determining the pilot bus fleet size and technical characteristics, to include potential bus suppliers, operating patterns, refuelling/recharging requirements, and estimated costs of the proposed bus pilot fleets.
- This role will include advising DART ( Demand Responsive Transport) on bus characteristics and pricing, as well as the selection of one bus depot to base the pilot COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS bus fleet and one depot to base the pilot ELECTRIC BUS bus fleet;
- Develop preliminary design drawings, bid specifications, and cost estimates for suitable bus refuelling (GAS)and bus recharging ( ELECTRIC) systems to support the proposed pilot fleet operations and located at the selected deports.
- These designs shall conform to all applicable Tanzanian National Standards and building codes and shall include written confirmation from TANESCO and TPDC that the required electrical and natural gas supplies will Electric Bus available at the specified points of connection, the dates by which these supplies will Electric Bus available, and amounts, if any, to Electric Bus charged for the supply infrastructure required. These preliminary documents will be presented to the technical and steering committees and revised to reflect the committees’ comments.
- Prepare a written draft final report documenting the results of Tasks 1 to 3 an incorporating the design documents acting the design documents and reflecting the committee’s comments
- Prepare requirements report describing proposed COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS and ELECTRIC BUS bus pilot fleet sizes, potential suppliers, technical characteristics, proposed operating patterns, and proposed functional requirements for ELECTRIC BUS recharging and COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS refuelling systems.
Requirements for the Transport Energy Advisor
- Demonstrated familiarity with ELECTRIC BUS buses and bus recharging systems and requirements, as indicated by involvement in the design of at least one successful recharging system and supporting infrastructure serving multiple ELECTRIC BUS buses, or other experience acceptable to the Committee;
- Demonstrated familiarity with COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS buses and refueling systems and requirements, as indicated by involvement in the design of at least one successful COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS refueling system and supporting infrastructure serving multiple COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS buses, or other similar experience acceptable to the Committee;
- Qualified and legally authorized to provide engineering services for the design of electrical and natural gas systems in Tanzania, or comparable qualification in another jurisdiction (e.g. through registration as a Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineer).
Salary & Benefits for the Transport Energy Advisor
Our client is flexible on salary for this role dependent upon experience. Please contact us for a discussion on the salary for this role
- Flight allowances
- Provided accommodation
- Medical Cover
To Apply for this Transport Energy Advisor job vacancy in Tanzania, West Africa
Email an up-to-date CV/ Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference Transport/TAN/23
- Please also provide a copy of your Professional Engineering Licence along with your CV with the application
Construction and Engineering Recruitment- Stafford Lawrence Ltd- About Us
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting Consultancy professionals in the United Kingdom Middle East, Africa and Asia
- For any questions on the roles on our website, please get in touch email email@example.com
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking professional engineers for Careers in Construction. We can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits as well as information on living and working overseas.
- We are a United Kingdom based recruitment consultancy
CV tips for Jobs in Africa
- Please ensure that you provide your Date of Birth and Nationality on your CV.
- Provide your contact detail, telephone number and email address.
- A professional picture. Ideally a picture of you in a professional setting. Please do not provide photos of yourself in a local bar or dancing at a party, or in fancy dress !
- Please ensure that you provide dates on ALL of your qualifications and the place where you studied your Degree qualification. Ensure you also detail if it was full or part-time.
- Please make sure that you provide and membership numbers of professional bodies, such as Fellow of IAE or any other Chartered Status
- Where possible provide information on the projects you have worked on and the value as well as your particular involvement and who you reported to, and anyone you were responsible for.
- In addition, provide detail on your notice period and availability.
- Above all, please do not use coloured text or logo pictures on your CV, keep it simple.