Dam Design Engineer Geotechnical – Oman – Middle East Jobs- Engineering Consultancy Recruitment
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Dam DESIGN Engineer ( Embankment Dams / Earthfill Dams/ RCC Dams) for a full-time permanent position with a European Engineering Construction Consultancy for their offices in Oman.
Requirements and Qualifications for the Senior Dam Design Engineer
PLEASE READ REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING. We are looking for ALL of the following, NOT JUST ONE
- A Designer – Someone with Dam Design experience specifically for DAM BODIES. We are NOT seeking Construction Supervision, hydraulics or anything else.
- Highly skilled in Dam Design with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in earth-fill or embankment dams and their foundations. Please note we are not seeking anymore than 15 years experience, this is reflected in the salary.
- A background and understanding of Geotechnical principles for Dam bodies.
- In addition, A BSc degree in Civil Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering or a construction design-related degree qualification.
- An MSc in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in essential analyses of dams and foundations e.g., stability, stress, and seepage analyses using modern software and tools are mandatory.
- Experience and knowledge of the Design of foundation treatments such as foundation water tightening and foundation stabilisation. Design of Instrumentation systems for Dams and foundations
- Excellent English language skills.
Role of the Dam Design Engineer Middle East jobs, careers and recruitment
- In this position, you will be engaged in the design and analysis of earth-fill/ embankment Dams and their foundations, so very strong Geotechnical experience is required.
- You will use your experience of the relevant international design practices and standards to oversee and provide the Dam Design.
- In addition, You will carry out calculations, coordinate the preparation of drawings and prepare design reports and specifications.
- Independently develop engineering designs for dam projects, in particular, earth-fill dams
- In addition, Prepare detailed calculations, drawings, specifications, procurement documents, proposal evaluations, and technical reports.
- You will also manage junior engineers working in your department and coordinate production with other departments.
Salary & Benefits for the Dam Design Professional- Middle East Engineering Recruitment
This is a full-time permanent position with a well-known engineering consultancy
- A basic salary of 1200-1700 OMR per month. This can be discussed on a case-by-case basis and is negotiable for the right person.
- In addition transport allowance is provided
- Medical insurance cover is provided on top of the basic salary
- Mobilisation flights and visa costs.
To apply for this vacancy for Dam Design Engineer Oman- Engineering Recruitment
Email email@example.com. In the subject line please quote reference DDE/OM/23 Please confirm in your email that you meet the following requirements
- That you have circa 7-10 years of experience as a Dam Design Engineer
- That you have worked on Rockfill /Earthfill Dam Bodies Design
- That you have the required Qualifications, A Degree in Civil Engineering and an MSc
CV writing for Middle East job vacancies – Jobs and Careers for Engineers
- Please ensure that you provide your Date of Birth and Nationality on your CV, along with your contact detail, telephone number and email address.
- A professional picture. Ideally a picture of you in a professional setting. Please do not provide photos of yourself in a local bar or dancing at a party, or in fancy dress !
- Please ensure that you provide dates on ALL of your qualifications and the place where you studied your BSc Quantity Surveying and detail if it was full or part-time.
- Please make sure that you provide your MRICS Membership number and the date you attained MRICS.
- Where possible provide information on the projects you have worked on and their value as well as your particular involvement and who you reported to, and anyone you were responsible for.
- In addition, provide detail on your notice period and availability.
- Above all, please do not use coloured text or logo pictures on your CV, keep it simple.
About Us- Stafford Lawrence Ltd- Engineering Recruitment Consultants
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting full-time vacancies for Consultancy professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- We have considerable experience placing candidates in first-time roles in the Middle East, we will guide you and offer assistance all the way.
- For any questions on the job vacancies on our website, please get in touch via our website contact form.
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking Engineers for Careers in Construction in the Middle East, we can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits as well as information on living and working in the middle east and visa requirements.
Please visit our International jobs page for more Engineering jobs and careers in the middle east