Senior Quantity Surveyor Glasgow, Scotland
Senior Quantity Surveyor jobs Glasgow, Scotland. This role is for a professional with Construction Consultancy or Engineering Consultancy experience. So ideally we are seeking someone who is a Cost Consultant who has worked for a Chartered PQS Organisation. Our client are an award-winning mid-sized Chartered Cost Consulting practice based in the city of Glasgow in Scotland. The bonus with this mid-sized consultancy is that you will not be just one of a huge number of people, there is a real chance for career growth and to become involved in a variety of roles and projects across the company. They are known as a great company to work for in the area and staff turnover is low. This position is as a result of a number of new project wins in the region.
They are seeking experience of Quantity Surveying / Cost Consulting with a Chartered Quantity Surveying practice. Candidates should be MRICS or working towards APC and have experience in the U.K
If you would like to work in Edinburgh or Glasgow and would like more information on living and working in the area, our client is open to candidates already based in the UK who wish to relocate, so please contact us for an in-depth conversation.
This is a permanent role, with flexible homeworking /office hours. Our client is currently open to candidates who would like 2 days of homeworking and 3 days of office.
We have a number of quantity surveyor jobs in Edinburgh and Glasgow for Cost Consultancy organisations. We are seeking Senior Quantity Surveyors and Associate Director level Quantity Surveyors for a variety of practices from small to mid-sized and also larger organisations. Please get in contact to discuss these roles in more detail.
Job Description for the Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Consultant Glasgow
- You will be responsible for managing projects as a Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Consultant throughout the Glasgow / Scotland region.
- In addition, you will be working on a variety of projects from Mixed Use, Commercial Residential, Leisure, Retail
- As a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Cost Consultant, you will be able to mentor and manage less senior members of the team
- In addition, you will report to one of the Senior Partners and work alongside him on a number of great projects allowing you greater flexibility and choice of work.
- If you wish, you can become actively involved in Business Development in the region, or you can focus more on Project Delivery or both. All options are available for this role, in turn this will lead to a future management role. This client will not hold you back or put you in a back room to count… They are actively seeking future leaders for the business.
- You will have the ability to work alone or as part of a team, be responsible for your own workload, and have the ability to liaise with clients in the area on a variety of projects
- This client operates a flexible working scheme, with home working 2 days per week and office work 3 days per week
Requirements for the Vacancy of Quantity Surveyor
- Above all, it is important that you have a Qualification in a Construction related subject, ideally Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or estimating
- MRICS is desirable for this role and candidates who are sitting their APC in 12-18 months will also be considered.
- Furthermore, you should have experience with a Construction Consultancy or Engineering Consultancy Organisation as a Quantity Surveyor or cost consultant.
- In addition, The desire to live and work in the Glasgow area and the wider Scotland region as a Quantity Surveyor, and the ability to manage projects across the region
- Candidates should have experience in a mix of sectors, Commercial, Mixed-Use Residential, Leisure or Retail.
Salary & Benefits for Senior Cost Consultants, Scotland
- The ideal Senior Quantity Surveyor or Cost Consultant should expect
- A basic salary of £43,000- £53,000 In addition to a great basic, you will also receive the following benefits
- Laptop, Mobile Phone, Pension, and Mileage Allowance
- In addition, one paid professional subscription.
- Flexible home /office working 2 days homeworking /3 days office based
To apply for the position of Senior Quantity Surveyor Glasgow
Email an up-to-date CV to Victoria@staffordlawrence.com. Please quote reference number GLOW/1022
Or you can call us for a confidential discussion on 0208 638 8857
- If you would like more information on this role, or any of our other UK or International Jobs please get in touch with us via our website contact us form. Stafford Lawrence is an Employment Agency that specialises in Quantity Surveyor / Cost / Commercial Project Management and Engineering Jobs in the United Kingdom Middle East and Asia.
- We are a UK-based recruitment consultancy
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd also strictly adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
We also have a number of Quantity Surveyor jobs in the UK from Assistant to Board Level. Visit our UK Jobs page for all our UK Vacancies.