We are recruiting for a Cost Director Leisure & Entertainment for a position with ‘probably’ the best Construction Consultancy in the Middle East.
Stafford Lawrence is engaged on a retained search to recruit for a Director of Cost for a position with a world-class Construction Consultancy in the Middle East. This client is a global giant and has a worldwide reach. This role will be based in their offices in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. This is a permanent role on a 5-day week.
We have a number of International job vacancies for candidates at Associate Director and Director level in Saudi Arabia and the UAE currently. More detail can be found on our International Jobs pages or you can email us using the email provided below.
Candidates should note that this role does require MRICS and significant experience both Pre and Post contract for Leisure and Entertainment projects and previous Middle East and overseas experience.
N.B Due to client requirements, we cannot consider candidates who are from a Main Contractor background for this position. At least 80% of your past roles must be with a Construction Consultancy.
The Role of the Director of Cost – Leisure & Entertainment – International Job Vacancies
- You will be the Senior point of contact for for Leisure and Entertainment projects across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a Senior Level role and you will be expected to engage not only on Projects but Business Development in the region.
- In addition, you will oversee a number of Cost and Commercial Staff from Assistant to Associate level to deliver projects in the region. Undertaking line management and unit management duties.
- Circa 20-25 years of experience with well-known Western Tier 1 cost consultancies or Chartered Quantity Surveying practices, showing consistent work history, with a few good organisations. Please note we cannot accept candidates with a Main Contractor background for this role.
- Furthermore, as this is a Director level role, it is assumed that you will have extensive experience of liaison with Clients, in particular very strong diplomacy skills, acquired in the Middle East.
- A good understanding of business development across the region as well as strong technical delivery experience.
- In addition, previous experience with a Consultancy organisation as a Director of Cost or an Associate Director of Cost looking for a more Senior Role
- Above all, you must have in-depth experience of Leisure and Entertainment projects as you will be responsible for this sector across the business.
- This role is not for the feint hearted….
Requirements for the Director Of Cost Middle East Vacancy
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management ( BSc Quantity Surveying) from a recognised Western University.
- In addition, Chartered MRICS Status ( Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors ) is also essential for this role. Please note MRICS is a MANDATORY requirement for this Director Level role.
- Experience with a Tier 1 Cost Consultancy organisation in the Middle East as well as Leisure and Entertainment projects from Inception to completion across the Middle East.
- Overall experience in managing large projects and programs
- Experience managing a team of Cost Professionals on large-scale multi-billion $ projects
- Please note the retirement age is 60 for expat professionals in Saudi Arabia currently. Ideally we are seeking someone who can fulfill this role for at least 5 years.
Salary & Benefits- Salaries for Director of Cost – Saudi Arabia
A total package of 65,000SAR -75,000 SAR, plus medical on top, if you fall outside this banding we would still be happy to speak with you as our client can be a little flexible on this package.
This role requires a five day week.
- Bonus as per Saudi Law
- Visa Costs
- Medical Cover
- Additional benefits