Cornwall Senior Project Manager – Civil Projects
Cornwall Senior Project Manager, Cornwall Construction jobs. Our client is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with extensive awards to their name, they have many new project wins in transport (roads highways), bridges, low carbon transport hubs, flood management, coastal engineering and public realm enhancements as well as walking and cycling infrastructure and as a result, they are seeking a Senior Project Managers to oversee a variety of projects in the Cornwall, South West area.
If you have experience with a Multidisciplinary construction project management consultancy or an Engineering Consultancy and you have solid project management experience in the Construction industry, this could be the role for you. This role is a full-time permanent vacancy. We are not considering freelance or contract candidates for this role.
This senior construction project manager job would be ideal for someone who is currently based in the Cornwall area, but our client will also consider candidates who wish to relocate from another part of the U.K. The role will report to the Director of Project Management in the region.
N.B Salaries in the Southwest area tend to be lower than some of the other areas in the U.K, and are not comparable to London, but our client is flexible on salary packages for the right person.
Please Note: UK Nationals or those with a current right to live and work in the UK. Our clients cannot currently provide visas to Non-UK Nationals
Role Job Description – Project Management Vacancy Cornwall- Civils
- You will be responsible for day-to-day management of projects at various stages in a project’s life cycle (pre-construction, construction and post construction).
- This is a client facing role, providing support and advice on all aspects of the project – technical, financial, contractual, safety & environment etc.
- As a Project Manager, you will have responsibility for Programme, Change and Risk Management.
- In addition, you will take a proactive approach to contract administration generally using the ECC NEC suite of contracts.
- Managing the production of design data including conducting technical reviews and acceptances.
- Supporting the production of contract data and works information and executing tenders.
- Regularly creating and drafting of reports – progress, value engineering, lessons learnt, options and feasibility etc.
- Organise, chair and minute both regular and ad-hoc meetings relating to the project.
- Support all aspects of project/client governance procedures.
- Support the Quantity Surveyor but take ownership of project cost control.
- Report to the regional director for Project Management.
Requirements for the Cornwall Senior Construction Project Manager Jobs
- You will have extensive experience in managing Construction Projects, ideally with Construction Consultancy or Engineering organisations.
- In addition, experience of transport (roads highways), bridges, low carbon transport hubs, flood management, coastal engineering and public realm enhancements projects will be desirable.
- Strong understanding of ECC NEC Contracts
- A construction related degree qualification such as Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying. We will also consider other construction-related degree qualifications, as long as you can show experience as a Project Manager
- As a Senior construction project manager, you will also have the ability to liaise with clients and manage projects from inception to completion.
- In addition, you will be expected to assist with mentoring and managing less senior colleagues Assistant and Trainee project managers.
Salary & Benefits for the Senior Construction Project Manager vacancy Cornwall
This is a full-time permanent role, we are not currently seeking freelancers for this position.
- The ideal Senior Project Manager- Cornwall should expect A basic salary of £42,000- £56,000
In addition to a great basic, you will also receive the following benefits
- Laptop, Mobile Phone, Pension, Pool Car and Mileage Allowance
- In addition 33 days of holiday ( 25 plus 8 bank holidays) plus Birthday
- Plus, some work from home days 2/3 home/office
- In addition, one paid professional subscription
- Training and development
- Pension and Life cover
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Sports and Social events
- Additional relocation assistance if required – Please call us to discuss relocation for this role.
To apply for this Senior Construction PM vacancy in Cornwall, UK
Email an up-to-date CV to email@example.com. Please Quote reference SPM/CORN/10/22
OR call 0208 638 8857
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd- Construction Project Management Recruitment has 20 years of experience hiring and recruiting construction consultancy professionals in the United Kingdom Middle East and Asia.
- We are a UK based recruiter, who specialise in Construction Consultancy Recruitment
- Stafford Lawrence are an Employment Agency that specialise in hiring Project Managers, Quantity Surveyor / Cost / Commercial, and Engineering professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd – Construction Recruitment adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will be sent specifically to named clients with your permission; we will provide all company information to candidates we select to send forward to our clients.
- If we have another role for you to consider, we will again, provide detail of that client and ask your permission to send to that specific client.
Do you know of someone who would be interested in this job vacancy in Cornwall?
Stafford Lawrence Ltd- Construction and Engineering Recruitment Consultants offers a candidate referral scheme. Do you know of a candidate who might be interested in this position? Please visit our blog on how to refer a Project Management Candidate for Cornwall
Contact us if you have any questions on our vacancies, firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our other Project Manager roles in the area
Jobs for Cost Consultants and Quantity Surveyors in Cornwall
Senior Project Manager NEC Contracts Plymouth Devon
Civil Engineering Project Manager job Vacancy Cornwall