Quantity Surveyor Glasgow, Scotland
Quantity Surveyor job Glasgow, Scotland. This role is for a professional with Construction Consultancy/ Cost Consultancy or Engineering Consultancy experience. So ideally we are seeking someone who is a Cost Consultant who has worked for a Chartered PQS Organisation. Our client are an award-winning mid-sized Chartered Cost Consulting practice based in the city of Glasgow in Scotland.
They are seeking experience of Quantity Surveying / Cost Consulting with a Chartered Quantity Surveying practice. Candidates should be MRICS or working towards APC and have previous experience specifically in Scotland or the United Kingdom.
If you would like to work in Edinburgh or Glasgow and would like more information on living and working in the area, our client is open to candidates already based in the UK who wish to relocate, so please contact us for an in-depth conversation.
This is a permanent role, with flexible homeworking /office hours. Our client are currently open to candidates who would like 2 days homeworking 3 days office. This client is a mid sized organisation. They will not put you in the back office to churn out reports, because of their size you will be able to get involved in a wide variety of work which will allow you to realise your true potential.
We have a number of quantity surveyor jobs in Edinburgh and Glasgow for Cost Consultancy organisations. We are seeking Senior Quantity Surveyors and Associate Director level Quantity Surveyors for a variety of practices from small to mid sized and also larger organisations. Please get in contact to discuss these roles in more detail.
Job Description for the Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Consultant Glasgow
- You will be responsible for managing projects as a Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Consultant throughout the Glasgow / Scotland region.
- In addition, you will be working on a variety of projects from Mixed Use, Commercial Residential, Leisure, Retail.
- You will use your experience of pre and post-contract cost management to advise the client and oversee the contractors
- You will be able to work alone or as part of a team, be responsible for your own workload, and have the ability to liaise with clients in the area on a variety of projects
- You will report to the Associate Director Quantity Surveying and work alongside him on a number of projects in the area.
- Some team mentoring will be required and you will be encouraged to mentor and manage less senior members of the team. Perhaps to assist with APC or to monitor work.
Requirements for the Vacancy of Quantity Surveyor
- Above all, it is important that you have a Qualification in a Construction related subject, ideally Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or estimating.
- Furthermore, you should have experience with a Construction Consultancy , PQS or Engineering Consultancy Organisation as a Quantity Surveyor.
- In addition, The desire to live and work in the Glasgow area and the wider Scotland region as a Quantity Surveyor, and the ability to manage projects across the region
- Candidates should have experience in a mix of sectors, Commercial, Mixed-Use Residential, Leisure, Retail
- A full clean driving licence is a requirement as you will be expected to travel to see clients as part of your work.
Salary & Benefits for Cost Consultants job, Scotland
- This is a permanent role. We are not seeking freelancers for this role.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor or Cost Consultant should expect a basic salary of £33-£40,000 plus additional benefits
- Laptop and Mobile Phone
- In addition, one paid professional subscription.
- A generous pension
- Mileage allowance
- 27 days holiday allowance
- Some home working, 2 days home/ 3 days office
- Sports and social events
To apply for this role as a Quantity Surveyor Glasgow
Apply via email with an up-to-date CV to Victoria@staffordlawrence.com. Please quote reference QSGLOW-0922
Alternatively, you can call us in complete confidence on 0208 638 8857
- If you would like more information on this role, or any of our other United Kingdom or International Jobs please get in touch with us by emailing your query to email@example.com
- We are a UK-based recruitment consultancy with 20 years of experience
- Stafford Lawrence is an Employment Agency that specialises in Quantity Surveyor / Cost / Commercial Project Management and Engineering Jobs in the UK Ireland and Scotland
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd also strictly adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We also have a number of Quantity Surveyor jobs in the UK. Visit our UK Jobs page for all our UK Vacancies.
Our other current Vacancies in the Glasgow area
Quantity Surveyor Recruiter for the UK Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland
Please use the link below to apply for a role if you do not see a current vacancy in your area.
Quantity Surveyor job vacancies in the UK, Scotland, Wales and Ireland