Hydraulic Engineers Flood Protection – Middle East Jobs- Engineering Consultancy Recruitment
We are seeking to recruit Flood Protection Hydraulic Engineers for full-time permanent positions with a European Engineering Construction Consultancy for their offices in Oman.
There are three job vacancies available:
- Senior Flood Protection – Hydraulic Engineer – 15-20 Years experience
- Intermediate Flood Protection – Hydraulic Engineer – Circa 10 years experience
- Junior Flood Protection -Hydraulic Engineer – 5 years experience
PLEASE USE THE RELEVANT REFERENCE NUMBER WHEN APPLYING ( SEE BELOW, HOW TO APPLY)
Our client is looking for a Degree Qualified professionals for these positions. This roles involve projects focused on flood protection, drainage, flood mapping, and hydraulic analysis, utilizing advanced tools such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and GIS software.
No previous Middle East experience is required for this engineering vacancy, as long as you can show solid experience in Flood Protection Engineering for an Engineering Consultancy.
If you have not worked in the Middle East before, please check out our blog on living and working in the middle east.
We have a number of jobs and careers we are recruiting for in the Middle East for Engineering professionals. Please visit our International Jobs and Careers pages.
Responsibilities Flood Protection Engineer -Jobs in Oman
- This roles are for projects focused on flood protection, drainage, flood mapping, and hydraulic analysis, utilizing advanced tools such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and GIS software.
- Design and implementation of effective flood protection and mitigation.
- You will also be responsible for Hydraulic and hydrology studies
- Develop and oversee road drainage systems
- The creation of accurate flood maps using GIS and providing advice on water management and environmental impact, ensuring compliance with international standards and regulations.
- The ability to liaise with multidisciplinary engineering teams providing advice on large infrastructure projects.
Requirements and Qualifications – Hydraulic Engineer Flood Protection
- A BSc or Masters Degree Qualification in an Engineering related subject such as Civil or Environmental Engineering ( All three roles require a Degree Qualification)
- 5 -10 or 15+ years(dependent upon the level of the role you are applying for) of experience in flood protection engineering, hydraulic engineering or related areas
- Strong proficiency in Hydraulic modelling software for flood protection. HEC-RAS HEC-HMS and GIS
- The Senior role will require experience of overseeing a team for Flood Modelling/ Mapping Flood Protection and Hydraulic Engineering
- Strong English language skills, with excellent communication and project management ability.
- The ability to work to tight project deadlines.
Salary & Benefits- Flood Protection Modelling Engineers
These are full-time permanent positions with a well-known European engineering consultancy.
- Junior Engineer Vacancy 800-1200 OMR per month, basic salary
- Intermediate Engineer Job Vacancy 1250- 1500 OMR per month, basic salary
- Senior Engineer Job Vacancy 1750-2200 OMR per month, basic salary
Salaries can be discussed on a case-by-case basis and is negotiable for the right person.
- In addition, transport allowance is provided
- Medical insurance cover is provided on top of the basic salary
- Mobilisation flights and visa costs.
To apply for these Engineering Job Vacancies Oman
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote one of the reference numbers below.
In the subject line please quote the following references, PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR ONE VACANCY BASED ON YOUR YEARS OF EXPERIENCE. The recruiter responsible for these positions does not want to deal with multiple applications from the same person based on your years of experience.
- Junior Engineer role, Circa 5 years exp, please quote the reference FPHE/23/Junior
- Intermediate Engineer role, circa 8- 10 years exp please quote the reference : INT/23/FPHE
- Senior Engineer role, 15-20+ please quote the reference : 23/FPHE/Senior
Please ensure that you detail in your CV that you have the following experience
- Flood Protection
- Flood Mapping
- Drainage, specifically ROAD drainage systems
- Hydraulic Analysis and Modelling
- HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS and GIS
CV writing for Middle East job vacancies – Jobs and Careers for Engineers
- Please ensure that you provide your Date of Birth and Nationality on your CV, along with your contact detail, telephone number and email address.
- A professional picture. Ideally a picture of you in a professional setting. Please do not provide photos of yourself in a local bar or dancing at a party, or in fancy dress !
- Please ensure that you provide dates on ALL of your qualifications and the place where you studied your BSc Quantity Surveying and detail if it was full or part-time.
- Please make sure that you provide your MRICS Membership number and the date you attained MRICS.
- Where possible provide information on the projects you have worked on and their value as well as your particular involvement and who you reported to, and anyone you were responsible for.
- In addition, provide detail on your notice period and availability.
- Above all, please do not use coloured text or logo pictures on your CV, keep it simple.
About Us- Stafford Lawrence Ltd- Engineering Recruitment Consultants
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd has 20 years of experience recruiting full-time vacancies for Consultancy professionals in the UK Middle East and Asia
- We have considerable experience placing candidates in first-time roles in the Middle East, we will guide you and offer assistance all the way.
- For any questions on the job vacancies on our website, please get in touch via our website contact form.
- Stafford Lawrence Ltd adheres to GDPR Guidelines. Your CV will go to specifically named clients only with your permission.
- We are always seeking Engineers for Careers in Construction in the Middle East, we can provide detailed information on salaries and benefits as well as information on living and working in the middle east and visa requirements.
Please visit our International jobs page for more Engineering jobs and careers in the middle east